Since the second part of 2016 year,the prices of State registered medicines regulate by the Tariff (price) Council of the Azerbaijan Republic. Regulation of the drug pricing by Tariff(price) Council makes free of charge.
Pharmexpert company fully and operatively maintenance the process of pricing of the State registered medicines of manufacturers on a paid basis. The service fee sets individually depending on the number of medicines.
Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated June 3, 2015 No. 209 to regulate the prices of medicines, defines the rules of the form and terms of consideration of applications, making changes to regulated prices. To regulate drug pricing the producers apply the following documents to the Secretariat:
- Copy of the document on the state registration of medicine in the Republic of Azerbaijan (registration certificate);
- Financial statement for local production medicines approved by auditor;
- Pricing documentation indicating the lowest selling price to the wholesale pharmaceutical companies in the country where the medicine is manufactured, imported or took a pharmaceutical shape which official translation into Azerbaijani language is certified by the diplomatic missions and consulates of Azerbaijan in these countries;
- Upon availability of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certificate, a notarized copy of the certificate;
- İf price for the original medicine is determined for the first time, a notarized copy of the document certifying its originality.
Regulation of drug pricing may be rejected in case of incompleteness of the submitted documents, inaccurate or corrupted data in documents.
The producer is informed in writing of the reasoned refusal to regulate the prices for medicines.
In case of incompleteness of the submitted documents Secretariat will notify the producer of the shortcomings in writing not later than 5 (five) working days.
Documents of producer first applied for price regulation are reviewed within 30 (thirty) days. This period is calculated from the date of receipt of complete documents submitted for the price regulation. Subsequent applications related to regulation of prices for medicines are reviewed within 20 (twenty) days.
Regulation of prices for medicines or making changes to these prices is reviewed by the Council on a quarterly basis. Council considers in an extraordinary manner to the issue concerning price regulation for medicines on the initiative of the Council itself or in the cases provided for in this Procedure.
Information relating regulated prices for medicines and their date of use is available on the official website of the Council within 2 (two) working days.
In case of change of the rate of the national currency with reference to the US dollar by more than 5 (five) percent then the prices for medicines on the initiative of the Council will be reviewed.
In the event that in connection with change in the reference price or reference country reduction in more than 5 (five) percent in the conditional selling price to the wholesale pharmaceutical companies is recorded the producers submit the declaration to the Secretariat again within 3 (three) months to make the appropriate changes in the prices.